Senior software development engineer and team lead highly experienced in all stages of design, coding, testing and deployment of software. Background encompasses large experience in telecommunication, distributed environments, messaging systems, networking and software on UNIX and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Development Environment: Eclipse, TogetherSoft, Borland CaliberRM, Visual Studio, CVS, VI, Subversion, PVCS Dimensions, Microsoft Help WorkShop.
- Server Applications: Cramer (Amdocs), NetProvision Activator (Subex), WebLogic Server, Spring Framework, Rational RequisitePro/RequisiteWeb, Microsoft Exchange Server, Internet Information Server (IIS), Apache Tomcat, Apache Web Server, Xpedio (Stellent/Oracle).
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Informix, MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, Microsoft Access, IDS2 Database DMIV (Bull).
- Operating Systems: Windows Vista/XP/2000/NT, Windows 95/98, Windows 3.1, Ms-DOS, Solaris, Linux (Red Hat/Fedora Core, Suse, Mandriva, Ubuntu, ArchLinux), UNIX Interactive, Bull Open Software, GCOS 6.
- Network Technologies: ATM, Frame Relay, DSL, VC Aggregation, Ethernet – in Alcatel, Cisco and Lucent environments.
Infinite Campus (11/07/2008 – Present)
Lead Software Engineer
Lead the development of Infinite Campus infrastructure, messaging system, synchronization mechanisms and communication with external systems using SIF (Schools Interoperability Framework). Infinite Campus is an advanced student information system (SIS) , designed to support all ranges of student data collection within a K12 educational system.
IT Environment: Microsoft SQL Server, Java, Apache Tomcat, XML/XSL, Eclipse, Subversion, Atlassian suite of products, Ant, JUnit, Windows.
Qwest (03/2008 – 11/06/2008)
Staff Software Development Engineer – Development Manager
Managed a team of 25 developers (onshore and offshore) building and maintaining the Qwest network inventory systems. Estimate and prepare projects plans. Facilitate interaction, collaboration and communication with the users, testers, other development teams and third party vendors. Provide technical direction and mentoring.
IT Environment: Cramer (Amdocs), Oracle, Java, Smalltalk, BEA WebLogic, Borland CaliberRM, Eclipse, UML, Ant, Web Services, CORBA, JMS, Tibco rendezvous, JUnit, XML, Groovy, Adobe Flex (Flash), Apache Server, Windows, Solaris, Linux, CVS, PVCS Dimensions.
Network Technologies: ATM, Frame Relay, DSL, Ethernet.
Qwest (02/2001 – 02/2008)
Staff Software Development Engineer – Technical Lead
Led architecture, design and development of applications dedicated to automate the activation of network equipments in support of Qwest ATM, Frame Relay, DSL and Ethernet networks. Gave technical direction and provided mentoring to a team of 5 to 10 developers in an environment allowing fast software evolution to face the frequent releases of new network technologies. Developed solutions relying on Subex (formerly Syndesis) Netprovision Activator.
IT Environment: Syndesis Netprovision Activator, Informix, Java, BEA WebLogic, Borland CaliberRM, Eclipse, TogtherSoft, Spring Framework, UML, Ant, Web Services, RMI, CORBA, JMS, Tibco rendezvous, JUnit, BeanShell, XML, Perl, Groovy, Python, Jython, wxPython, TCL/Tk, MySQL, Apache Server, Windows, Solaris, Linux, CVS, PVCS Dimensions.
Network Technologies: ATM, Frame Relay, DSL, VC Aggregation, Ethernet, Alcatel (RSP/ESE 7600), Cisco (BPX 8600 Series, MGX 8220, 6400, Catalyst 7609-6509-3750-3550, Router 7613, DSLAM 6160) and Lucent (CBX 500, B-STDX9000, GX 550).
RESoft, Inc. (11/2000 – 2/2001)
Lead Software Development Engineer
Designed and developed REDocs components. Based on Xpedio, Content Management System from Intranet Solutions (Stellent), REDocs provides a customized web-based documentation management for real estate companies and legal business.
RCM Technologies, Inc. (08/1999 – 11/2000)
Information Technology Consultant
For U S West (11/1999 – 11/2000)
Designed and developed a network activation component for the U S West Network Management System. This application provides automated network element activation via NetProvision Activator from Syndesis.
Prepared and managed the requirements for a network fault management system, major component of the OSS at U S West. Installed and customized a bug tracking server (Bugzilla) to manage software defects.
IT Environment: Syndesis Netprovision Activator, Java, RMI, CORBA, XML, Perl, ASP, MySQL, Bugzilla, RequisitePro, RequisiteWeb, Apache Server, IIS, Windows NT, Solaris, Linux, CVS, Visio, Access, Frontpage.
In house for Kraus-Anderson (08/1999 – 09/1999)
Designed a web site running on Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS). The system gave access to constructions information and images stored in a SQL Server database.
French Gendarmerie Nationale (12/1989 – 07/1999)
As a developer in the Network and Telecommunications Department of the headquarter of French Gendarmerie Nationale, was heavily involved in several projects aimed to provide secure, reliable and fast data communication to Gendarmes (Police Officers).
With a team of eight engineers, wrote specifications, architecture and planning of an MS-Exchange messaging infrastructure of 100 servers, in a migration effort from UNIX to Windows NT.
Designed and developed a Microsoft Exchange Gateway providing communication between a legacy messaging system based on X25 and the corporate messaging system.
Designed and developed a messaging gateway interconnecting a radio messaging system developed by Thomson and Sagem running on Windows NT and a legacy messaging application running on UNIX.
Designed and developed a messaging client based on wireless communication. This full-blown Microsoft Foundations Classes (MFC) application ran on Windows NT and provided data communication with the RUBIS network, developed for Gendarmerie Nationale by EADS.
Migrated a messaging client relying on X25 to a wireless messaging client. Developed in C on UNIX.
Packaged, deployed and installed networks, UNIX and DOS workstations in support of network and operation centers dispatched across France. Built solutions to automate the deployments. Prepared and provided UNIX training.
IT/Network Environment: C/C++, Visual C++, Win32, MAPI, Windows NT, UNIX, MS-DOS, X25, Ethernet.
- Knowledge Transfer Consulting Services, Inc. (06/2004):
Microsoft Course 2310 Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications Using Visual Studio .NET
- Premier Computer Education, Inc. (12/2003):
Microsoft Course 2124 Programming with C#
- Java 2 Platform 1.4 Sun Certified Programmer (12/04/2003)
- ZDU University (08/1999 – 10/1999):
XML: An Introduction, Java Programming Level Two, Java Programming Level One.
- Microsoft France (02/1993 – 03/1993):
Visual C++: Microsoft Foundation Classes, C++ Programming.
- Learning Tree International (08/1990):
Practical approach to the UNIX System, Programming in C – Practical work.
- French Army Higher Institute Of Electronics (1989 – 1990):
- Technical Certificate (2nd Level) in Automatic Data Processing: System Analysis (SDMS & Merise), COBOL, Mini 6 Assembly, Database DMIV, Mainframe Bull DPS6 (GCOS 6).
- Technical Certificate (1st Level) in Automatic Data Processing: COBOL, LCP, Mainframe Bull DPS6 (GCOS6).
- Personal Projects: On my spare time, work on some open source software projects and write technical articles available at http://www.burgaud.com.
- Languages: Fluent in French and English.
- References: Available upon request.
- Other Interests: Practice and teach Tai Chi Chuan.