Software development manager highly experienced in all stages of design, coding,
testing and deployment of software. Background encompasses pragmatic involvement
in web development, telecommunication, distributed environments, security, messaging systems,
networking and software on UNIX and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Programming Languages/Technologies: Python, Go, Java, JUnit/Spock,
C#, C/C++, Visual C++ (MFC, Win32 SDK), Perl, Shell Scripts, Tcl/Tk, Expect,
HTML/XHTML, XML/XSL, TeX/LaTeX, COBOL 74.
- Development Environments: Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, Visual Studio, VI, Git,
Mercurial, CVS, Subversion, PVCS Dimensions.
- Server Applications: RabbitMQ, Cramer (Amdocs), NetProvision Activator
(Subex), WebLogic Server, Spring Framework, Tibco rendezvous, Rational
RequisitePro/RequisiteWeb, Microsoft Exchange Server, Internet Information Server (IIS),
Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Apache Web Server, Xpedio (Stellent/Oracle).
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Informix, MySQL, Oracle, SQLite,
Microsoft Access, IDS2 Database DMIV (Bull).
- Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX/Linux, Mac OS X.
- Network: ATM, Frame Relay, DSL, VC Aggregation, Ethernet, Alcatel (RSP/ESE 7600),
Cisco (BPX 8600 Series, MGX 8220, 6400, Catalyst 7609-6509-3750-3550, Router 7613, DSLAM 6160)
and Lucent (CBX 500, B-STDX9000, GX 550).
Best Buy (June 2018 - Present)
Senior Engineering Manager
Lead the team designing and developing the frontend and ecommerce systems powering the online shoping experience of Best Buy customers in Mexico.
Infinite Campus (January 2010 - June 2018)
Software Development Manager
Managed a team of fifteen to twenty software engineers, QA analysts and
software product analysts. Responsible for the development of Infinite Campus products software
infrastructure: Front-end, back-end, middleware frameworks and libraries, performance and
Infinite Campus (November 2008 - December 2009)
Lead Software Engineer
Led the development of Infinite Campus infrastructure, messaging
system, synchronization mechanisms and communication with external
systems using SIF (Schools Interoperability Framework). Infinite Campus
is an advanced student information system (SIS), designed to support
all ranges of student data collection within a K12 educational system.
Qwest (March 2008 - November 2008)
Staff Software Development Engineer - Inventory System Team
Managed a team of six full time employees and 25 contractors (onshore and offshore)
building and maintaining the Qwest network inventory systems. Estimated and
prepared projects plans. Facilitated interaction, collaboration and communication
with the users, testers, other development teams and third party vendors. Provided
technical direction and mentoring.
Qwest (February 2001 - February 2008)
Staff Software Development Engineer - Configuration Management Team
Led architecture, design and development of applications dedicated to
automate the activation of network equipments in support of Qwest
ATM, Frame Relay, DSL and Ethernet networks. Gave technical direction
and provided mentoring to a team of 5 to 10 developers in an environment
allowing fast software evolution to face the frequent releases of new
network technologies. Developed solutions relying on Syndesis Netprovision Activator.
RESoft, Inc. (November 2000 - February 2001)
Lead Software Development Engineer
Designed and developed REDocs components. Based on Xpedio, Content
Management System from Intranet Solutions (Stellent), REDocs
provided a customized web-based documentation management for real estate
and legal companies.
RCM Technologies, Inc. (August 1999 - November 2000)
Information Technology Consultant
- Designed and developed a network activation component for the U S West
Network Management System. This application provided automated
network element activation via NetProvision Activator from Syndesis.
- Prepared and managed the requirements for a network fault management
system, major component of the OSS at U S West. Installed and customized
a bug tracking server (Bugzilla) to manage software defects.
French Gendarmerie Nationale (December 1989 - July 1999)
As a developer in the Network and Telecommunications Department of the
headquarter of French Gendarmerie Nationale, was involved in
several projects aimed at providing secure, reliable and fast data
communication to Gendarmes (Police Officers). Responsibilities included
writing specifications, proposing architecture, coding, testing and documenting
software. The most significant achievement was a messaging client connected to a
private cellular network (RUBIS). This C++ MFC application ran on Windows NT.
- FutureLearn: Functional Programming in Haskell (2017),
Functional Programming in Erlang (2017),
Getting a Grip on Mathematical Symbolism (2017)
- FUN-MOOC: Introduction to Functional Programming in OCaml (2016)
- edX: Introduction to Typescript (2016),
Intro to Functional Programming (Haskell) (2015),
Introduction to MongoDB using the MEAN Stack (2015)
Cryptography and Information Theory (2017),
Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure (2017),
Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden Ratio (2017),
Functional Program Design in Scala (2016),
Getting and Cleaning Data (2016),
Cybersecurity Specialization (2015), R Programming (2015),
Data Scientist's Toolbox (2015), Cryptography 1 (2014),
Functional Programming Principles in Scala (2014),
Introduction to Mathematical Thinking (2014)
- University of Minnesota Business Analyst Certificate (2014)
- Knowledge Transfer Consulting Services, Inc. (2004):
Microsoft Course 2310 Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications Using Visual Studio .NET
- Premier Computer Education, Inc. (2003):
Microsoft Course 2124 Programming with C#
- Java 2 Platform 1.4 Sun Certified Programmer (2003)
- ZDU University (1999):
XML: An Introduction, Java Programming Level Two, Java Programming
- Microsoft France (1993):
Visual C++: Microsoft Foundation Classes, C++ Programming.
- Learning Tree International (1990):
Practical approach to the UNIX System, Programming in C - Practical
- French Army Higher Institute Of Electronics (1989 - 1990):
- Technical Certificate (2nd Level) in Automatic Data Processing:
System Analysis (SDMS & Merise), COBOL, Mini 6 Assembly,
Database DMIV, Mainframe Bull DPS6 (GCOS 6).
- Technical Certificate (1st Level) in Automatic Data Processing:
COBOL, LCP, Mainframe Bull DPS6 (GCOS6).
- Personal Projects: On my spare time, like to play with programming languages,
software and technologies (some projects are available at
http://www.burgaud.com or on GitHub).
- Languages: Fluent in French and English.
- References: Available upon request and also on LinkedIn.
- Other Interests: Cycling, Tai Chi Chuan.